Fast Facts

  • This is EQT

    Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, for more than 125 years, EQT is one of the largest natural gas exploration and production companies in Appalachia, with operations in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia, Texas and Ohio. EQT has more than 1,900 employees and several thousand contractors working throughout our operating areas. Our business activities include locating productive natural gas deposits; drilling wells to extract gas; and transporting gas through pipelines to transmission and distribution systems, which ultimately delivers the gas to the end-user. EQT is a key player in the nation’s drive for energy independence.

    Read more
  • Responsible Development

    Horizontal drilling, multilateral wells, and extended lateral wells reduce surface disturbance by drilling fewer wells while recovering more gas. EQT utilizes “triple casing” to protect freshwater aquifers during drilling operations. This includes layers of casing with a concrete barrier between each level of steel pipe. EQT conducts pre-drill water sampling for all domestic water sources located near drilling locations. EQT also embraces green drilling and completions techniques to reduce emissions, and voluntarily publishes the composition of the fracturing fluid used at its wells on FracFocus.com, a website maintained by the Groundwater Protection Council.

    Read more
  • Economic Impact

    The U.S. natural gas industry continues to provide significant benefits to the American economy, and EQT’s operations play a meaningful role in the positive economic benefits contributed to our country.

    During 2015, our Company contributed $4.4 billion in Gross Domestic Product (GDP) or value-added to the U.S. economy. The majority of these positive GDP impacts, approximately 62%, occurred within EQT’s operating footprint of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia. The remaining 38% of GDP contributions were from vendors/suppliers based outside EQT’s core operating states, yet they provided goods or services for EQT’s operations within those core states.

    Read more
  • Community Investment

    At EQT, being a responsible and welcome member of the community is an essential part of our business strategy. We believe that the communities where we live and work should benefit from our operations; and that investing in those communities helps to support our business activities as well as the health and vitality of the community.

    Read more
  • EQT Midstream

    EQT Midstream is capitalizing on the rapidly increasing need for pipeline infrastructure in the Appalachian Basin, primarily through its affiliated company EQT Midstream Partners, LP. EQT Midstream owns a gathering system composed of 8,250 miles of gathering lines; 900 miles of FERC-regulated interstate pipelines; and 18 natural gas storage reservoirs providing 47 Bcf of working gas capacity.

    Read more

Media Contacts

(For credentialed news media)

Natalie Cox
Corporate Director,
Communications
ncox@eqt.com
Tel. 412.395.3941

Linda Robertson
Manager,
Media Relations
lrobertson@eqt.com
Tel. 412.553.7827

Investor Relations

Patrick J. Kane, CFA
Chief Investor Relations Officer
pkane@eqt.com
Tel. 412.553.7833

Nate Tetlow, CFA
Investor Relations Director
ntetlow@eqt.com
Tel. 412.553.5834

Corporate Communications

(For general inquiries)

Deborah Collier
Communications Assistant
dcollier@eqt.com
Tel. 412.395.3546